Friday, September 25, 2015

Love Autumn...

I'm thrilled with this weather!  We've had a warmer September than all of August, if you can believe it. The grass is still green, the leaves continue to hang on the trees, the tomatoes are still ripening on the vines, and unless you look at the calendar, it seems like summer.  I really wish it would last all year!

My carpeting is all in, and believe it or not, everything works including the TV even with that mass of wires that I showed you last week.  My husband must be some sort of genius.  I seriously thought TV shopping would be in our future before this….but all is well (for now).  Although he still is hell bent on getting a stainless refrigerator……lol!

Here are the envelopes I sent out this week:




And, I finished another pair of socks.  These will be added to the Christmas gift bag…..it is another Laule'a pattern using Dream in Color - Classy worsted yarn in the Kettle-dyed Magic Orchid color way.  I used size #6 needles and these knit up super fast!


After making four pair of those, I got a bit tired of them so decided to go a different route.  I am using Manos Del Uruguay - Alegria yarn in the "Pindo (8855)" color way next.  I'm making the Hermione's Everyday sock pattern.  Here's the beginning of the first sock:


So, that's about the news here.  Nothing too exciting, that's for sure!  Hope you are boring too….boring is good! Have a good week, my friends and do something fun for yourself.  You deserve it!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely love the vibrant rainbow colour of the wool you are using to knit the new pair socks. Your socks look so warm and comfortable.

Createology said...

Congratulations on completing your new carpeting install. Adorable envelopes. Gorgeous socks you have knitted. Your Christmas gifts are pilng up in the "done" stack...great job!! Our Fall weather has been glorious. Looking at the big beautiful Harvest Moon.

Misty said...

Lovely envelopes as always! That Manos yarn is incredible!