Saturday, December 29, 2012

Missing persons.....

The police have their missing persons but then, so do I!  lol  If you noticed, I am missing a few "ladies" from my ladies series.  Way back in the middle of October I was commissioned to do these sweet gals.  The first one, #24 (Sharon from Australia) asked me to do her, (it was to be a Christmas gift from her husband) and she promised not to open it before Christmas.  Considering the mail time between Wisconsin and Australia, it wasn't much of a wait because I think it took over 4 weeks just to get to her.  As always, I will show the drawing, the close-up of her pretty eyes, and then the quilt.  

#24 Sharon from Australia

Sharon's pretty eyes

#24 Sharon from Australia

And here is the photo of Sharon that she sent for me to work from:



Next, we have the lovely, Robin who is lady #27.  She also was a Christmas gift and was commissioned by her generous sister, Melinda.

Lady #27 - Robin

Robin's pretty eyes

#27 in the Ladies series - Robin

She also was kind enough to allow me to use the original photo so that you could see the resemblance:


So there you have it......2 more beautiful ladies added to the growing list.  I do have two more to show you next time....a wonderful mother and daughter duo, numbers 28 and 29, again from Australia.  Stay tuned........

22 comments:

Susan said...

as you say... more beautiful ladies.

I have seen the post of the other two Aussies - they also look great!

Happy New Year, Carol

Susan said...

As always you have such a lot of fun with the ladies. I just love your works of art. Take care and hugs. Aha Thank you for sharing this with me.

Maria said...

Your fabric portraits are just fabulous...
Have seen a few on some of the blogs I follow..
How much would it be to get one made??? Would love one..

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

As always...you are amazing!

Annie said...

Lovely ladies and lovely quilts! The most unique collection of portraits on earth! Now, when are you going to branch out to couples and family portraits????????? A family photo in fabric...would be so awesome!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You are so talented Carol! These are both beautiful.

Eileen said...

These ladies are always so fun to see.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. You have quite a talent. Thanks for posting such creative renditions.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I LOVE my mini and I am also very proud of myself for not opening it before Christmas Day :) I have seen your other two ladies from Australia and they are fun also. Thank you for creating me in Quilt form. hugs

Susan said...

Ooh they are so wonderful!! Mother, daughter, Australia ?? Could there be a dose of 'sugar' in those portraits? Look forward to them being revealed!!

Larissa said...

Once again, you've created some gorgeously life-like ladies!! Your gift never ceases to amaze!!!

Unknown said...

You do an awesome job, recreating them in quilts. :0)

Have a Happy New Year!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

deb said...

Love these so much!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! You are awesome!!

Jeanne said...

These are wonderful portraits! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

Dont they look great! well done Carol you are one talent, creative lady!
x Sarah

Ida from Central PA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ida from Central PA said...

I love your ladies. How does one commission a work?

Do you ever do multiple gals on one quilt? I have three sisters.

Or my BFF and me.

I *guess* I could do individual, but one quilt w/ all members, reproduced multiple times would be the 'ultimate'.

can't wait to hear!

Frances Moore said...

Hey I know Robin....What a wonderful gift !

Unknown said...

I love the ladies, such a cute idea

shoune said...

Bonjour, un petit mot pour vous dire toute mon admiration pour votre travail!Vous êtes une source d'inspiration pour moi et beaucoup d'autres!
Denise

Melinda said...

Robin's quilt got lost in the mail over Christmas and she finally received it yesterday. I am so glad it was sent back to me after my stupid mis-addressing it the first time.
Thank you again for creating this for my wonderful sister.