Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time to get serious.....

While I have been having a ball doing all sorts of things that I've had in my brain for weeks now, I'm thinkin' it's about time to get serious and start my partner's doll quilt for the Fab Little Quilt Swap.  So many ideas have been swirling about her wants and desires so I need to start before I forget some of them.  My hope is to make it whimsical and fun but still funky and wild.  (Actually all those are all just about the same anyway, huh?)  Duh!  I have this vision in my head and I'm hoping it works!  Lots of detail so your eye doesn't know where to look first.  First though, I had to get out all the patterned fabric again............much to Toby's delight, I might add:

"How's this one, Mom??"

That little guy (8 lbs at most) jumps on and off the bed like a gazelle so as soon as I brought out the bins and plopped them on the bed, he was right there to help.  Red seems to be his favorite color!  Can you tell?  You'd be surprised at how he loves to dig through those fabrics......I'd have a real mess if I wasn't right there to supervise!  I'm sure he'd take off with a hunk for sure.

So after I picked a bunch of various colors, and sewed them together in mindless sewing (because I still have my cold), this is what I ended up with:

FLIQ start

They'll eventually get cut down to about 2 inches square and hopefully be used as a border (at least that's the plan right now.)  Of course though, I needed a middle piece so yesterday, I worked on that.  I wanted to piece the whole thing (remember me talking about that??)  Problem is that I'm not patient enough, so did it 50/50.  Piecing and fusing:

FLQS continues..........

I KNOW it doesn't look like much right now.........but I did that on purpose!  I have plans.......so just wait!  I'm so hoping that it will look amazing when it's finished.   It's all in the details, dontcha know???   SO......you know what I'll be doing for the next few days..........stay tuned.........!!!

14 comments:

Belinda said...

It's already unbelievable. Can't wait to see it finished!!

begonya35 said...

Çok tatlı benim köpeğimin aynısı adı nedir? Benim köpeğimin adı BEDİŞ..

Annie said...

Ah! So the little squares will be a border! This will be SO cute, Carol!

Annie said...

Toby is one cute little dog! My 79 pound dog boy would never fit in a bin, but he insists on being right next to me in the studio.

Mary said...

Glad you're feeling well enough to sew a bit. SEW Cute little girl in your center with the sun and twirly tree. I just can imagine the quilting you will do to make this one "sing".

Lesley said...

This looks so very interesting! That border is going to be so beautiful!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Oh, Toby is so sweet and I love your colourful fabrics! I think your project is going to be again something really special! Details are really important - as I was thinking today with my pink quilt (not posted yet).
x Teje

Wendy said...

Wow! This is going to be fantastic! I cannot wait to see the finished quilt...

Dianne said...

I like where you are headed.....can't wait for the reveal! Toby is OMG CUTE!!!

Susan said...

Toby is cute - and nearly as helpful as my cat! Quilt is looking pretty darned good already Carol - cant wait for this masterpiece

felicity said...

I'm kind of in love with Toby. And I love where you're going with your mini! That curlicue tree is really speaking to me.

Alexis said...

Can't wait to see the finish!

brochure holders said...

Puppy look so beautiful with different colors of fabrics.I really like to read this blog.

Jeanne said...

Love the little girl and tree! I'll be watching. Toby is sure a big helper.