Friday, May 13, 2011

What was all that about?

E-gads, what was that all about?  Does anyone know?  I don't think I have EVER seen "Blogger" broken before.  Scary!  I couldn't even comment on some blogs.  I sure hope it's fixed for good now.  I'd hate to loose my stuff.........it's bad enough that I'm an idiot on all this techy stuff without blogger getting all goofy too.  LOL

Besides, I promised I'd show you the latest wall hanging for this post.  Do you remember what I told you that it was?  No?  Yes?  Hummmm......don't remember, huh?  No big deal, you see soon enough.  First, I started with the biggest section first.  I fused that down and continued:


 Are you getting a hint of what it could be?  I'm sure you know now, right?  Look at the next picture and take a gander:


Strange position, huh?  I remember when my kids used to sleep like that and I couldn't for the life of me understand how they'd be comfortable.....!!!  Naturally, they didn't have a bird on their head though!!  But, you know me......I'm a real bird brain from the word GO and had to add a bird into the mix.


Here is the original drawing.  Does it make more sense now?  Needless to say, I am still doing what I want.  (Such a rebel!!)


It's probably one of the biggest wall hanging quilts that I've done at 17 x 24 inches.  AND.....it's for sale!  Lets see if you like this one any better than the last.  Lord knows if you don't this might be the last cat with bird.......unless one has the other for lunch!  Yuck!  LOL  Let me show this to you all finished.  First the faces:

The faces

And now the whole thing:

"Here, Kitty, Kitty"

Cute, huh?  Okay....like I said, it's for sale.  $85 with a dowel, and O ring, ready to hang.  One of a kind, never to be reproduced (in any color) by me.  My e-mail info is on the right if you're interested.  Thanks so much!!!  I'll keep trying even if you don't like it 'cause I'm having a ball!!  :)

17 comments:

Sheila said...

Love them both, especially this one, but unfortunately the purse is a little strained at the moment.
What about making some of your cute mug rugs?
Actually I love looking at ALL your stuff so please don´t stop:)

Sheila said...

Hmm ... think I meant drained not strained, cos strained implies it is bursting at the seams with money... Untrue :)

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh, I really like this one :o) But Im so afraid you make one that I like more if I buy this one..... :o) Can you promise you wont???

Sonia B said...

I love your work. It is so fun and inspirational. You keep doing what you love!

Katherine said...

You can tell you love what you do, Carol. There's so much energy and joy reflected in your latest wallhanging.

hee hee My sons used to sleep in this very position. Too funny.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hello Carol! I love the new cat with the bird! They are just so sweet and happy!
Sunny wishes from Teje

Wendy said...

Another awesome quilt! Love it.....hope it sells for you soon....

hetty said...

My blog was hijacked last week. I have not gotten it back yet. It is indeed, very scarey! Love your work. Very inspirational!

Sewconsult said...

THis is great. Love the comical look, but I am NOT a cat person at all. I also have put a lock on my purse handles since last year we spent GREAT BIG BUCKS on an addition to our house and kept our jobless daughter afloat.
I love your work and wish I had a small percentage of your talent.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

BahamaDawn said...

WOW!! you continue to amaze me!!!!! gorgeous!!!

Marie said...

Good to see you've got your 'mojo' back - I'm liking it better and better.

Hugs - Marie

Susan said...

Such a sweet little kittie! (Blogger here in Australia is not recognising new blog posts in my reading list- I suspect due to the fact we are ahead in time!!! As someone pointed out, it was Friday 13th!!!)

Rettabug said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!!! I love that turquoise background & your swirly quilting. Great job, Carol!

Shayla Sharp said...

Cute cat--don't tell Stars I said that!

BJ in TX said...

This is simply adorable! Love it!

Poppyprint said...

I just love his zigzag whiskers Carol!!! My kids used to sleep with their knees tucked under and butt in the air, too. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

The quilt brings a joyful smile to my face. Keep doing what you are doing!! While I can not afford your quilts, you are worth every penny!!
Brenda C.