Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not much today, I'm afraid

I've been trying to post twice a week, but gee....sometimes life just seems to get in the way....and my house does need cleaning once and awhile too.  (Unfortunately!)  And then there's grocery shopping, and cooking and well.........you get it, I'm sure!  Besides, these little mini quilts take as long (and sometimes longer) than big quilts and I'm not sure why.  I'm thinking it's because I have to look at them for awhile and decide what I'm going to do.  In fact, even in the sewing process, it seems they have to speak to me to determine what's the next color to add.  So far, so good!  Not too many flubs yet, so "so far so good".  Yesterday, I sewed up #6 so today I will be embellishing.....but, here is #5, which is kinda funky in it's own right.  

Mini Art Quilt #5 or "Curvy Squares"

Close-up of stitching

If you click on the pics, they will take you right to the picture in flickr and you can read all the comments. I was honored with the first picture being in Explore and making the front page. I'm so blessed! Who knew that my little quilts would be so well received? Now to make more....and wait until you see #6......I'm likin' it already and it's not even finished yet.

8 comments:

BahamaDawn said...

can't wait to see #6!

Cathie said...

WOW this is a stunner. I'm in love with wonky log cabin to begin with but couple that with those gorgeous orange blips of color and the beading. Awesome!

Amy Friend said...

These are very fun! The green button on the bottom looks like an eye to me. I am looking forward to number 6 as well!

Susan said...

I have loved all of these, but this one is so outstanding, with the wonky curves and big splops of color that are just so perfect- man, Carol! You're just getting better and better all the time. Can't wait to see #6!

beth said...

You have a real gift! love this one!! So many little details!

Michele said...

That's just fun right there! I love, love, love it!

Ellie Inspired said...

Very fun Carol! You are so good at these. Can't wait to see the next one if you're liking it already.

Unknown said...

I just joined the pot holdr pass three and found you that way....I love this mini quilt....the orange is a stunner!