Friday, February 12, 2010

Pastel Pinwheels

Lately, I've been seeing so many cute quilts using pinwheels, that I just had to get my feet wet too.  AND.....no time like the present with the little quilts I've been making for the doll swap (not that I need anymore, mind you.......but, I did volunteer to be the "official Angel provider" for this go-round, so one or two more won't hurt, just in case.)  I was told that usually 7-8 are needed.  (A good excuse to play some more if nothing else!!  LOL)  Believe it or not, I had never made pinwheels before so all the tutorials I found were good.....but because of the size I needed, had to be altered.  Of course, this was no problem after "285" with the 3/4 inch squares.....but I didn't go that nuts!   


All those little triangles reminded me of Easter eggs for some reason (probably because I have no patience and don't leave the dumb eggs in the little cups long enough to get the really dark colors.  LOL)  Oh well...that's another post.  

I used up all my linen with this project.  I've decided, at least for now, that Kona cotton and Kona bleached muslin are more my style.....and cheaper too!   Maybe in the future though, I'll try some blended linen/cotton.  That might be a bit easier to handle.  Linen tends to be slippery and doesn't want to stay where you put it.  At least mine was like that.

Plain Pastel Pinwheels

Now....does that look like me? Hardly! WAY too traditional and with pastel colors to boot? EIKES! Truth be told is that my knee is still on the blink and my solids were here and everything else is in the basement. What could I do? I think it's time to see the doctor, huh?

9 comments:

Rettabug said...

I think its LOVELY!! It still has your signature graphic style & lots of WHITE, so it is just a softer side of YOU! LOL

Cole's Corner said...

Oh... that is beautiful. So springy and bright and refreshing. I love it!

Poppyprint said...

...or you could just keep sewing with pastels because this is such a sweetheart!!! No, best see the doc and get all fixed up. I hope you get some relief soon.

Kris said...

It may not be your typical design, but it's really striking!

Cindy said...

It's so refreshing looking and it just screams spring.

beth said...

dr.office=hand stitching. (applique or binding?)

Karen said...

Beautiful, as always! Everything you create makes me smile!

Beertje Zonn said...

I see on your blog you made beautiful quilts!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

susan said...

i love this. definately a departure for you but it still has your stamp on it. i adore the quilting. its so graphic (and you).
pretty pieced border too
did you see the dr yet?