Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fruit Basket Upset

Oh boy, I've just been sewing away and not paying much attention to this blog, but I have so much to show you and it's getting so that I better hurry or there will be a big backlog.  LOL  (Like that should be a problem??)  I actually got this quilt back from my marvelous quilter last week, and it's been on Flickr, so it needs to be here too.  I did it with all Kaffe Fassett fabrics using the "Gems" pattern by Blue Underground.  Get your sunglasses, it is bright:
Fruit Basket Upset
And the back is cool too:
Back of Fruit Basket Upset
But best of all is the quilting.....soooooo gorgeous:
Quilting Detail
And, it's the perfect size at 53 by 65 inches. I wonder who will be getting this one????

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll take it! I think I am in love with it, so Kaffelicious. Just gorgeous!

Rettabug said...

This is such a happy jumble of bright colors & prints...it makes me smile just to look at it.
I love the variegated quilting thread your quilt shop used....smart choice, Lady!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Hi! I could not find your email address, so I'll leave a response to your comment here.

Thank you so much for the comment you left on my entry to the Festival.

I am happy (probably not the right word..) that my work touches so many other people, even if I made it as a way to deal with the whole thing myself. I have to add that I did ask my daughter’s permission to tell our story, and she was only happy I would do it. Some stories just need to be told.

Best regards
Nina Lise
AKA Mrs Moen
http://mrsmoen.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Wow, the quilting on that is spectacular!