Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Someday my Prince will Come"

Well, the day has finally come!  The recipient of my latest creation has received her gift so now I may show you all.  I had so much fun making this, you wouldn't believe it.  I thought since I had made a special quilt for the "supreme mama" of the Doll Quilt Swap, it might be nice to also make one for my specific mama, LauraJ, whom I've become friends with anyway via e-mail.  First let me tell you a bit about her.  She is a 30s something single mother of a disabled darling little 10 year old boy and she lives in Canada (not that that has anything to do with this....duh....I just threw that in for whatever reason???)  I wanted to make something appropriate, just like I did for "chickenfoot", so I really had to put my thinking cap on until I came up with this drawing:

The Drawing

Then, I had to put it in process:

In Process

And I loved the result. Let me show you a few close-ups. First, the turret with the kissable frog:

Frog in the turret

Then the mean old dragon. Note how he is looking up to her with love in his eyes????

The Dragon

Then, the princess, herself with a jewel in her hat and real pearls around her neck:

Her face

And finally, the completed 15 by 18 inch wall hanging quilt:

"Someday my Prince will Come"

The real remarkable thing about this whole deal is that I showed some friends prior to posting this on Flickr and I got 3 orders for more, which makes me thrilled to death because I LOVE making these. Naturally, one friend has two girls and both couldn't possibly have the same wall hanging, so the next princess design is in process and will be posted as soon as I get her done.

5 comments:

LJ said...

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! I just may end up running away with that dragon and nevermind the prince!

Rettabug said...

What an adorable little wallhanging, Carol! Your creativity has no boundaries & you bring it to life with your wonderful handwork.

I ♥ the Princess & her pearls!!!

Cole's Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cole's Corner said...

Oh Carol- It's beautiful. I just love it. So whimsical and girly and fun!

JRZ Jenn said...

oh wow.. that's so beautiful! I know that I love it. Lovely job on it. My daughter (9 months) pointed to the picture and smiled. :) Great job.